Refrigerator Not Working?
If your refrigerator is not working properly, here are some basic troubleshooting steps you can take to try to fix the problem:
- Check the power supply: Make sure that the refrigerator is properly plugged in and that the outlet is functioning correctly. You can try plugging in another device to the same outlet to verify that it is working properly.
- Check the thermostat: Ensure that the thermostat is set to the appropriate temperature and that it is functioning correctly. Try adjusting the temperature and waiting a few hours to see if the fridge begins to cool.
- Check the door seal: If the door seal is not sealing properly, warm air can enter the refrigerator, causing it to work harder to cool down. Inspect the seal for any cracks or gaps and replace it if necessary.
- Clean the condenser coils: If the condenser coils are dirty, the fridge may not be able to properly cool down. Remove the grate covering the coils and use a vacuum or brush to clean them.
- Check the defrost system: If the defrost system is not working properly, ice may build up on the evaporator coils, preventing proper cooling. Check the defrost timer, thermostat, and heater to ensure they are functioning correctly.
- Check the fan: The fan in the freezer circulates air throughout the fridge. If it is not working, the fridge may not cool properly. Check the fan blades for any obstruction and test the motor to see if it is working properly.
If you have tried these basic troubleshooting steps and your refrigerator is still not working, contact us today or book a repair with us for further assistance.