Microwave/Oven Not Working?
Here are some basic troubleshooting steps to fix a microwave:
- Check the power source: Ensure that the microwave is properly plugged into a working electrical outlet. If the outlet is working fine, try plugging the microwave into a different outlet to rule out an electrical issue.
- Check the door switch: The door switch is a safety feature that prevents the microwave from turning on when the door is open. Check the switch to make sure it is not damaged or misaligned. If the switch is not working properly, it will need to be replaced.
- Check the control panel: Inspect the control panel for any damage or signs of wear. If the panel is damaged, it may need to be replaced.
- Check the fuse: Check the fuse to see if it is blown. If it is, replace it with a new one of the same rating.
- Check the magnetron: The magnetron is the component that generates the microwaves. If the microwave is not heating properly, the magnetron may be faulty and will need to be replaced.
- Check for error codes: Many microwaves have error codes that can help diagnose the problem. Check the manual or manufacturer’s website to see what the error codes mean.
- Reset the microwave: Some microwaves have a reset button that you can press to reset the device. If this is the case, try resetting the microwave to see if this resolves the problem.
If none of these steps resolve the problem, contact us today or book a repair with us for further assistance.